Thursday, October 23, 2008

ROUND ROBIN FAERIES


Well, I'm rather proud of these! Here's why: My partner in the Round Robin this month, Christine, requested vintage children faeries with birds in forest colors. (Oh my, I don't do vintage, nor faeries. ) I needed some inspiration, so I ordered collage sheets from Paper Whimsy - where the faeries come in pieces (like paper dolls) and you cut and paste them together. I made the dress from a floral paper and added the wings from my own stash of butterfly prints. Of course, my favorite part was adding all the background color and dimension with paint, tissue paper and rubber stamps. Those are real feathers on page two - in her butterfly hat and in her hand. Hope you enjoy these and try your own little challenge as I did here! Let me know what you're up to in your journaling pages!

No comments: