Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

As it turns out I opened a brand-new moleskin heavy-weight paper journal for 2009. (My journals rarely begin/end with the calendar year) I love these books - smooth, ivory paper that takes ink, markers and the occassional ticket or scrap of paper glued into it, and of course, a rubber stamp or two, my favorite.

The journal has reflections, thoughts, and also a list of wishes/desires for the new year. I'll share two with you: I want to learn more about making my blog more appealing and discover new ways to approach my art. Most of my energy goes into my "paper" journals, so I have to save some time for my "blog journaling". My creative issue: fight that never-ending voice in my head: "is this art appealing? am I moving forward? how do I advance beyond doing the "same thing"?"

Yesterday a student shared her journal with me. It was incredible! She took her first class with me in November and she's filled a journal already-- with her own style and own wishes/dreams/desires. Made me very happy to see her enjoy the process and hope that I helped to inspire a new love of journaling for her! Thanks for the inspiration, Rae Ann.

No comments: