Sunday, March 18, 2012

Green Pepper Press - Crusade #61


Michelle's final challenge for the Team is: Restraining Order. As I often struggle to add more to make things look full, this was a welcome challenge. The challenge was timely as I journaled about a tree meditation during a visit to the beautiful grounds of Walking Winds. We were invited to meditate on a question by going out and wandering among the trees for some answers. I was drawn toward a tree by a small creek. You'll see a little journaling where I my senses took over: I felt the warm sun; heard the birds; smelled a burning fire pit; and saw some beautiful green leaves with tiny yellow buttercups shooting up. I felt answers coming from my mother and paternal grandmother, so you'll see three hearts representing three generations. It was time to return to the house, but a voice told me to walk to the end of the creek by the road. There I saw a mailbox with "1956", the year I was born, so I added it to the page. One of the answers I received was to play more -- so here I am playing in my journal!

BTW, the pink and red squares are copies of another journal page. I added hearts on top. I love having some of my very own backgrounds to play with.

We thank Michelle for all the challenges and understand her taking a break, but there are oodles of archives to find at her site and challenge yourself! Read about the challenge at Michelle's site.

17 comments:

michelle ward said...

Betsy - thank you for walking us through these pages...your story telling makes them very special, particularly the 1956! Thanks for sharing with the team and for being a loyal and regular crusader!!

Karenliz Henderson said...

I love your pages. It truly looks peaceful walking among the trees.

PocketSize said...

These are beautiful pages, they really convey the sense of peace and contemplation that you related in your story. Great subtle touches with the three hearts and your birth year.

Parabolic Muse said...

These are so pretty! I love that green, and the variation from white. This is a cool story, too. Hopefully, we'll see the crusades come back in one form or another!

Thanks for playing!

Linda Kunsman said...

You know how I love your art and I so miss spending time with youu Bets. These pages like most all of your others have a story behind them, and whether or not it's the same story someone else viewing it may see doesn't matter, it's the capturing of thoughts thru art.

Carolyn Dube said...

This is fabulous! Love that you used a copy of another journal page on it- adding layers to go with all the rich layers of the story behind the page.

Diana Taylor said...

What lovely tranquil pages. It adds so much to a piece of work knowing a little bit of the story behind it - thank you for sharing your experiences.

jgr said...

Beautiful colors and subtle background texture, and what a great story!

K J D said...

I love your pages and the story you told us. They have such a tranquil quality to them.

Kim Mailhot said...

Hi Betsy !
I love the page and how it reflects your time in nature so well. Simply beautiful and full of heart.
I haven't done a Crusade in a long time but really wanted to celebrate this last one with this awesome bunch of artists.
Here's to the creative life, Crusader !
Cheers !

Terri Corona said...

Your pages are just beautiful, they really reflect the peace you were feeling, and how wonderful that they're so full of meaning for you. It doesn't get better than that...

CraftyViolet said...

Just found your blog - love your pages.

Violet

Michelle said...

The hearts work so well against the green

TJ said...

Somehow even with the bright colors, I find this very peaceful. What a beautiful journal entry!! I love greens and reds/pinks together. This turned out amazing.
Best wishes, tj

lena-dailyscrap said...

Beautiful pages! love the colours and the story behind. i have a favorite running spot , where i sometimes have to stop and just listen to the trees around me - love that!

Daphne said...

I just love the tranquility of these pages...I feel as though I too am walking along, enjoying the peace. Thanks for sharing with us.

Christine Kiehl said...

I viewed your journal pages that you posted from flicker. Amazing work! Thank you so much for sharing!