Saturday, July 16, 2011

Green Pepper Press Street Team - Crusade #53


This month's GPP Street Team theme is Mad Scientist - when playing around with paint we often get mixes of color we love. These are old journal pages that started out with a fall color background with leaves stamped on it, but it looked too "cheesy" for me. The page sat there for months, then one hot summer day I covered it all with some red paint and got all these shades of pink, orange and peach! The heart tag was from a Lynn Perrella sheet and I extended the paint onto map pages - one of my favorite techniques. I call this color: summer heat.

A more recent page is shown below. For the background on the right hand page, I used ochre ink and then layered with violet chalk ink and then finally some fresco cream glaze. I love the colors created here - which I would call golden glow and warm violet! I used a watercolor crayon to accent the cut-out heart.

9 comments:

michelle ward said...

Betsy - your Summer Heat page feels exactly like today! I'm assuming it's nearly the same temp in both of our locations. I just took a break from floating in the pool ;) I love reading that this page evolved from painting over an old page. Love how all the colors mix. Thanks for showing both of your combo spreads and sharing your names with the team. Stay cool!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That warm violet is a winner - love it. Wish it was warm here ;-)

TJ said...

Wow this was such a fun crusade! I would have never thought to put violet and ochre together, but I LOVE that. Thanks for sharing!!

lena-dailyscrap said...

hello crusador! love the mix with red, peach and orange. i can really feel the heat there! the other one looks great too - the ochre is amazing with the violet! how cool is that!

Michelle said...

I must say, I am beginning to like pink and orange; not bad for a not-pink girl!

goudenregen said...

Love the colors, I can almost feel the heat.

Mescrap said...

What a clever idea of using violet chalk ink and fresco cream glaze.

jgr said...

Great pages--definitely HOT!! Love all the bright colors.

mariasangel said...

Great crusade pages! Love the color!! We are finally getting a break from the heat in my neck of the woods! Hope you are too!