Saturday, November 19, 2011

Green Pepper Press Street Team - All The World's A Stage #57

This month Michelle challenged us to express the songs that make us Sing It Loud! I started creating a stage -- but switched gears to a disco theme since I am a girl of the 70's! I dedicated the page to all those songs that take me back to when I was singing and dancing in discos. I studied dance in college, and funny as it sounds, we all went out dancing to relax from all the ballet classes, choreography and rehearsals! I also remember going to some of my first discos with my older brother. You'll notice that I used the "Disappearing Act" page backgrounds. The swirls felt perfect for the expression of music and dance.


The second page represents a song that I sing constantly. As you can see, when I sing I dance - they are interrelated for me! Sway - by Dean Martin, Matthew Morrison or Michael Buble (I downloaded all three) - is one of my favorites right now. It plays in my head all day long!


I always play music when I am journaling, so just for fun, I opened my old journals and found this Disco page from 2003! I remember my daughter, much younger then, was watching a movie with a friend when she heard me blasting this song while journaling. She said, "Hey, that's a 70's disco song!" -- Yes, I answered, I used to be young!





I encourage you to try it yourself! Read about the challenge at Michelle's site.

5 comments:

michelle ward said...

Betsy, super fun pages. Love the colors. Love that you repurposed a previous challenge page. I love hearing that the ballerinas went discoing to unwind. Hey, why not? We had a local place that was very Saturday Night Fever and was open Sunday nights for those of us who were under age. Whatta gas to get in to see what all the fuss was about. (with our silver threaded blouses). Fun that you dug up another disco page from years ago...obviously a fave era for you :) I AM SINGING *SWAY* now, Buble version, thinking of the scene in Wedding Date.

Thanks for sharing with the team Betsy. Happy Thanksgiving!

Sarah said...

That's the way - uh huh uh huh - I like it - uh huh uh huh

I'm going to be singing that all night now! :)

Great pages, love the swirly background and the colours - and the unwinding ballerina anecdote :)

Anonymous said...

Oh oh oh - I remember Disco Inferno from high school dances. Oh. My. Gosh. Thanks for the memory.

Barbara Marie said...

Your pages were great, Betsy. You definitely brought back some fond memories of songs I used to jive to!

Unknown said...

Those songs take me back! Thanks!!