Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Green Pepper Press Street Team - I'm a Believer #56

Michelle challenged us this month to journal what art and being creative means to us. I immediately created my believer page -- I'm a believer in art journaling, and those of you who know me, know this is very true. I inspire others to journal and can thank Michelle for introducing me to art journaling.

My second page is my creativity page which shows I've been expressing myself thru many types of art for many years. You may notice that I used the "disappearing act" pages from last month as the background for these pages. I wanted to include (but I ran out of room) that I only wish I had more time to be creative, but life's little necessities get in the way!



The page below was created on one of those days when I questioned who I was, and wondered if I was any good at what I do, and wondered if I was making a difference... (It's a watercolor crayon on gesso background)


I created this next page a few years ago -- but wanted to share: It was created to visualize all the compartments of my life during a time when I was feeling very overwhelmed. It symbolizes how therapeutic art journaling can be.



Thanks, Michelle, for all your talent and energy you put into the challenges. We love them!

6 comments:

michelle ward said...

Betsy - thank for sharing all your pages and your Beliefs. Love that you used the pages from the last crusade. Love that you are on fire for art journaling and share the love with students. Fun to read about other things you are into...didn;t know you are a fashion consultant!

Barbara Marie said...

Betsy, I enjoyed all your pages! Your realities and beliefs danced happily within each page displaying lots of artistic styles.

creativelenna said...

beautiful colourful pages spoken from the heart. xo lenna

Heavens2Betsy said...

Absolutely beautiful pages. I particularly love the one that shows the compartments of your life - such a clever and creative way to integrate them all. Just lovely. penny

Parabolic Muse said...

I love the color theme of these pages.
Yes, questioning ourselves can be really therapeutic and answering even MORE so! And we always remember who first inspired us to journal...

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading your pages, the messages are great - and the backgrounds are awesome. I love all the warm colours you use.