Sunday, February 19, 2012

GPP Street Team - Crusade 60: What do you love?



I love hearts. So I took Michelle Ward's challenge this month with the idea of playing with heart pages. The first one has no background prep, just colors sprayed on paper. I found the piece of envelope with postage stamps in a box. I didn't remember where it came from until I saw the city postmark -- it must be from my mother! -- and over 5 years old!
The second one has layers of gesso applied to paper before beginning. It adds dimension and a slower process for painting, more gesso, oil pastels and collage. I wanted to create opposites: white background with red heart, and visa-versa. It was fun! Thanks for the inspiration, Michelle.

I encourage you to try it yourself! Read about the challenge at Michelle's site.

6 comments:

michelle ward said...

Betsy - love your hearts! It's fun to see how you can use one shape and make it look different on each page. These are lovely and make me think the vibrant colors of spring are just around the corner. In fact, we cannot even complain about winter! Thanks for sharing with the team!

K J D said...

I love your heart pages... the colours you have used are so warm.

Thank you for your sweet comments on my post btw it was nice of you to visit :)

Karen

Parabolic Muse said...

You know, Betsy, I did not use to like heart icons. I don't know what it was. And now, I am really liking the heart icon, and your hearts are so vibrant and fun that I really want to make my own heart pages! I'm inspired! Thank you for playing and for sharing.

Michelle said...

Fantastic layouts! Such bright colours! You are SO brave!

Terri Corona said...

Your pages just make me happy! Beautiful colors, textures, contrasts...

Diana Taylor said...

Your pages are really striking - the colours aren't just beautiful but they seem to have a wonderful texture to them - must be the layering you did - wonderful.